Thursday, March 15, 2012

Inspirational Writing Spots

For my first share, I'm sharing two of my favorite places from the "My Kentucky" board.  I enjoy them year-round and find inspiration to write when sitting alone along the river (away from this photo) or along the creek at Cherokee Park.

This is Cherokee Park, which is about 2-3 miles from our house.   It has miles of bike trails, picnic areas, playgrounds, a golf course, soccer fields, tennis, and scenic drives.
http://pinterest.com/pin/122160208612307017/   




This is part of the walkway at the beautiful Ohio River Waterfront. It goes on for miles. There are several playgrounds, sports areas, a couple of water fountain play places, and all of the area used for the many festivals and fun times downtown. Just around the bend near the bridge is where the steamboat, "The Belle of Louisville" docks between trips up and down the river. Just around the corner below this shot, there's a "porch swing" that Keith and I sit on when we walked in the area. It's about a mile from our house.  If you cross the bridge, you're in Indiana.
http://pinterest.com/pin/122160208612307059/  Ohio River Waterfront

The places where I write are not this public, but still close. One spot is at the boat dock at the Eva "something with a B" park off  Zorn Ave. When I lived in Oldham Co. my favorite spot was somewhere between Westport and Goshen.

No comments:

Post a Comment